Life is like a box of chocolates

Life is like a box of chocolates


We are in the process installing custom closets at home.  Look what we found when the handyman dismantled the existing structure in the master bedroom closet!



These are the leftover candies from the 2016 Halloween.  I distinctly remember tossing out the candies to the top of the closet few days after the Halloween as the boys were having too many candies.  Sriram had to have his cavities filled a week before the Halloween and I was very concerned about his dental health at that point. He was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes in few weeks.

Two years after his diagnosis, this bag of candy reminded me of the famous line from Forest Gump - “My mom always said life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.” 
I definitely didn't know that the subsequent Halloweens are going to be a nightmare as I have to deal with lows on the Halloween night due to high level of activity and high blood sugars in the subsequent weeks due to candies.  On the brighter side, those candies were handy during our India trip when Sriram's blood sugar was trending low.  I'm working on putting together updates about our India trip in my next blog.  I hope it would be helpful for people travelling with Type 1.

Home

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The school - Home away from home

A1C !!! It's that time of the year again ...

Friends for life - 2018